Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Naming

The title of this blog implies a higher level of compsci/math geekery than I actually possess. Truth be told, it's just two of my favorite concepts stuck together, and it could mean any number of things. In my mind, it conjures up vague notions of high-powered computer modelling techniques on the one hand, or some deep inscrutable philosophical insight on the other hand. Something along the lines of... if you look at the big picture of life, it's made up of little details and patterns that repeat, and all the tiny decisions we make every day add up - or vice versa, the big changes also transform the minutiae.

I imagine this blog will be a little like Seinfeld - it's about nothing. Or about anything, really, that pops into my head. It will probably be a dusty, cobwebbed corner of the internet, seldom visited, of little note. And that is fine. Mainly, it's for my own pleasure - a repository for stray thoughts, a recorder of milestones, a soapbox for the occasional rant.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Irene! I was just curious if anyone else was posting a blog and tada!! I love the name. Very intriguing.

Tucson Trekker said...

Makes me think of infinite complexity changing into infinite complexity of another sort. Kind of like daily life when you stop to think about it. Not that Fractal Metamorphosis is boring, rather that daily life is way more profound than we usually give it credit for...

Irene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Irene said...

TT, that was essentially what I had in mind, but I think you expressed it better than I did. It's great having friends who think along the same lines!

I wonder why Blogger will let me remove comments, but not edit them. I didn't really want to delete the previous one, I just wanted to correct a spelling error.