Sunday, October 14, 2007

Blue Moon Faery

I'm working on a cross stitch based on Beth Hansen's artwork, "Blue Moon Faery." It is going very slowly, because it's a large piece with approximately one zillion small stitches.

Here's a picture (of the artwork, not of my crafting).

Although it may not be finished in 6 months, which is when our new arrival is due, I'd like to hang it in the nursery. I told my husband I thought she would make an excellent baby-watcher. The conversation that followed made me laugh... he pointed out that traditionally, the fae are not exactly to be trusted with babies. "Well, she is pretty though. She looks nice. And all friendly-looking faeries are good... right?" Much snickering followed. But we reached a compromise: I can hang the fae lady in the nursery as long as we also put a dragon there to keep an eye on her.

7 comments:

Sparkling Squirrel said...

A fairy and a dragon! What sort of things are you inviting into your house? Next it will be a crow and a coyote!

Tucson Trekker said...

Don't make it a scary dragon (I'm sure you won't). How 'bout a beautiful, many-colored plush dragon [http://www.growingtreetoys.com/product/5608] or a sea dragon http://divegallery.com/Leafy_Sea_Dragon.htm ?

Beth said...

woohoo dragons and fairies are fun! I approve of both the fairy and the dragon. I would also add a gargoyle.

Irene said...

Beth, when you have a wee one I will find a cute/silly gargoyle to watch over it :-)

Beth said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

Now this dragon is going to be a cute fluffy one correct? *chuckles as she thinks of Daddy2B working on a cute, fluffy dragon*

Irene said...

We do have a framed dragon picture (okay, more than one) but none with the right demeanor for a baby's room. Definitely not fluffy and cute. We'll have to work on it.