Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quote of the moment

"... it's not like it's my job to go around remembering things. Wait, maybe it IS my job! AUGH I DON'T REMEMBER!"

-from this webcomic that I stumbled across


I feel like this most of the time; it is in fact my job to remember things like what I did the day before, and where I put the thing that goes beep, and what I'm supposed to do next. Anyone who knows me well enough to read this blog knows that memory has never been my strongest point, but motherhood has caused me to sink to new lows. I keep wondering if, unbeknownst to me, some large portion of my brain has devoted itself to making my offspring grow properly through sheer force of will.

2 comments:

Beth said...

lol. I'm all for getting through life by force of will and my handy pda that remembers everything I forget. But then again like you, memory is not always my strong point. In fact, my brain/pda is currently reminding my that I need to go copy my exam.

Sparkling Squirrel said...

Memory HAS actually been my strong point and (I'm not really sure that I'm even smart without it) and has helped me deal with my complete lack of physical organization for most of my life (I usually memorize directions as I write them down because I almost never remember to take them to the car with me). Motherhood and aging both freak me out because I'm not sure I'll be competent without my extra memory. My system is entirely dependent on it.